Wei Peng

Country: China
Area of expertise:  policy analysis, nonprofit, social enterprise, SaaS product designer, columnist & food lover

I am Wei, a Chinese designer/product manager/social enterprise enthusiast. Considering the fact that the majority of the designers focus on serving the richest 10% of the world’s customers, I believe that a revolution in design is needed to reach the other 90%, the ones in need.

I’m a co-founder of an IT company, Justering, which focuses on developing cloud-based software for nonprofits in China. More than 4,000 Chinese NGOs are using Justering’s online fundraising, advocacy and communications software to achieve their mission.

An interesting fact about me is … I studied politics and policy in university and I had absolutely no experience in design/IT business before I joined the Justering team, as a designer. Well, it might be true that learning by doing is a practical way to grow, but I think it’s time to learn something from the professionals through the CIID summer school. Can’t wait!!!