Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design (CIID) is an international hub of creative minds. We create impact through the design of innovative products, services and environments.
The Industry Projects provide an opportunity for businesses from all sectors to work together with our multi-disciplinary students and expert facilitators. The Industry Projects allow you to tap into a pool of world-class talent that provides you with new thinking in response to challenges of your own interest.
Since establishing the programme in 2008, we have run successful Industry Projects with Barclays, DSB, Electrolux, IKEA, Intel, Lego, littleBits, Maersk, Nokia, Novo Nordisk, Orange, Philips, and Velux.
For two intensive weeks, the goal is to co-create new concepts. These can be products, services and/or strategies.
– 12 CIID students
– 2 Expert Facilitators (selected specifically for the collaboration)
– 2 Weeks
– Proven process: Intense & effective, based on prototyping, making and co-creation.
– Concrete deliverables and documentation
– Meeting and working with world class students who are highly employable in the context of design and innovation.
– Gaining new perspective and knowledge around the suggested brief.
– Engagement throughout the project provides insight and ensures that participants are inspired by the design process, not just the final ideas.
– Three to five specific early prototyped concepts.
– Documentation (including videos) for communication to management and colleagues.
– Exposure to the extensive, international CIID Network.
The aim of the collaboration is to inspire new directions and opportunities on an inspiring topic of your choice. The brief is initiated by you and shaped in collaboration with the CIID team. CIID Education benefits from answering a challenging brief which provides an engaging and inspiring real world perspective to keep the programme aligned with actual industry and market needs.
The final concepts will establish a starting point for discussions and considerations for further development internally or as a spin-off project supported by CIID.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact Alie Rose. You would be expected to contribute no more than 20 hours in total (5 to prepare and 15 to attend the workshop).
We charge a fixed fee for Industry Projects working with 12 students and faculty.
Dates for 2016
September 5th – 16th
October 24th – November 4th